CMT’s Board of Directors is comprised of respected, seasoned advisers with a wealth of experience. They represent key areas of expertise such as health, finance and media production.
CMT is governed by its Board of Directors comprising of:
- Funeka Bango
- Lucilla Blankenberg
- Deena Bosch
- Allen Carelse
- Dikiledi Mosime
- Nisha Naidoo
- Anine Pheiffer
CMT is managed by its two Co-Directors – Lucilla Blankenberg and Debbie Van Zyl.
Lucilla Blankenberg: Lucilla received her BA in Communications in 1999 from UNISA and has been working at CMT since 2001. She was appointed Director in 2012. She is the director of the award-winning A Country for My Daughter and has developed and worked on multiple health educational media campaigns about HIV and AIDS, TB, gender based violence, NCD, MMC, breastfeeding and teenage pregnancy. She is the Co-Director of Amaza, a drama series aired on SABC 1 in 2014 and of JAB, a drama series filmed in 2015.
Debbie van Zyl: Debbie holds a Master of Public Health and a Bachelor of Science. She joined CMT in 2008, contributing her epidemiological and public health skills to the media and campaigns developed and implemented by Community Media Trust. Debbie heads up CMT’s Outreach programmes and was appointed Co-Director of CMT in 2014.
Lucilla and Debbie are supported by:
- Jane Dearman: Finance Manager
- Carmelita Petersen: Human Resources Manager
- Jonathan Cockburn: Outreach Programmes Manager
- Linelle Smith: Media Programmes Manager
- Laddie Bosch: Post Production Manager
- Shelley Scheepers: Compliance Manager
- Deliwe Mankgane: M & E Manager
- Lerato Maloka: KwaZulu-Natal Regional Coordinator
- Thabisile Dlamini: Gauteng Regional Coordinator
- Zanenkosi Mpofu: Eastern Cape Coordinator
- Nandipha Mehlomakulu: Ethekwini Coordinator
- Emma Chikovore: Migrant Girls Coordinator Ethekwini
- Melissa Phera: Campaign Manager
- Richard Martincich: IT System Administrator
We are a Level 3, 100% BEE compliant company and pride ourselves in training and skills development of young black media Journalists and Community Health Workers.
Download our BEE Certificate.
You can also download CMT’s 2015 Annual Report.
Please download and complete this fillable PDF form when applying for all vacancies at Community Media Trust.
CMT currently has no vacancies.