This manual is for Community Health Workers and other frontline community-based workers to assist in giving people and communities accurate and valuable information about HIV. This manual will help you to use the Health Literacy DVDs. It can also be used without the DVDs as a resource book. Just like the DVD series, this manual will give you information on all aspects of HIV treatment, prevention and care. This series was made for South Africans, but most of the information is still very useful for people living in other places, especially other Southern African countries.
Health Series Manuals can be obtained from Community Media Trust – contact us for more information.
Click here to see a list of the topics covered per chapter.
- Chapter 1 – Myths and truths about HIV
- Chapter 2 – Understanding the human body and the immune system
- Chapter 3 – Understanding the science of HIV
- Chapter 4 – HIV Counselling and testing
- Chapter 5 – HIV Prevention
- Chapter 6 – Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Chapter 7 – Opportunistic infections
- Chapter 8 – TB and HIV
- Chapter 9 – Infection control
- Chapter 10 – Sexuality and HIV
- Chapter 11 – Positive living
- Chapter 12 – ARVs for adults
- Chapter 13 – Women and HIV
- Chapter 14 – PMTCT
- Chapter 15 – Maternal and child health
- Chapter 16 – Children and HIV
- Chapter 17 – Chronic diseases
- Chapter 18 – Home-based care
- Chapter 19 – HIV and human rights