Available Vacancies - Click to view
R5,000 per month Basic salary
Flexible hours/half day
Discovery Group Life Cover
Fixed Term Contract (July – 30 September 2020)
Community Media Trust (CMT) is a South African NGO focusing on communication in the fields of basic human rights. CMT aims to empower individuals and communities, encouraging them to take part in managing and improving their own lives, promoting healthy and health-seeking behaviour and basic human rights. It does this through media and outreach programmes that provide scientific information in a format that is easy to understand.
CMT seeks to employ for a fixed period a committed, enthusiastic and socially-minded Social Media Activator who would be based (preferably within walking distance of the Daveyton Clinic) in Ekurhuleni and would be able to start work immediately.
Key duties and responsibilities: (may include but are not limited to)
- Disseminating relevant community health information to participants on WhatsApp group
- Provide motivation and support to WhatsApp group participants to access health services
- Keeping up-to-date with the realities of service delivery in your area
- Staying up-to-date with relevant treatment literacy on HIV; COVID-19; TB and sexual and reproductive health
- Assist the Communications Officer with sourcing interviewees for radio and social media using voice clips and cell phone pictures
- Attend a weekly meeting via Zoom to report on groups and confirm content topics for the following week with the Regional Coordinator and Communications Officer.
Submit the completed Employment Application Form found at http://www.cmt.org.za/about-us/vacancies to Attention HR Assistant
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Job reference: #SMA/EKUR0720” in the subject line.
CMT is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is with the intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. CMT reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
Closing date: Wednesday, 08 July 2020
Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
CMT reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
Please visit our website to find out more about CMT – www.cmt.org.za