Available Vacancies - Click to view
Remuneration: R 9 000 per month – Basic salary
Benefits: Discovery Group Life Cover
Closing date: 14 February (12:00 PM)
Community Media Trust (CMT) is a South African NGO focusing on communication in the fields of basic human rights. CMT aims to empower individuals and communities, encouraging them to take part in managing and improving their own lives, promoting healthy and health-seeking behaviour and basic human rights. It does this through media and outreach programmes that provide scientific information in a format that is easy to understand.
CMT wishes to appoint two suitably experienced individuals to serve as drivers in Ekurhuleni. Applicants must have an unendorsed valid SA drivers’ licence with a PDP and be available to start immediately. Salary commensurate with experience.
Key duties and responsibilities (may include but are not limited to)
- Careful and cautious driving of vehicles
- Abiding by the rules of the road and being responsible for any/all traffic fines incurred
- Inspecting cars for defects and safe operating conditions before, during and after trips and submitting written reports on the condition of the vehicle(s) each month
- Reporting any problems with vehicle(s) and ensuring it is repaired
- Completing and maintaining an accurate vehicle logbook
- Management of petrol card and vehicle keys
- Ensuring vehicle is well maintained, is kept clean and receives regular services
- Ensuring the vehicle is safely parked at office premises overnight and is locked and alarmed
- Passenger transporter – driving Ekurhuleni field staff for work-related meetings/events
- Running errands for work-related needs
- Providing support for the team in overall
- To complete ad-hoc duties as requested from time to time by your supervisor.
- Punctuality, discretion, tact and diplomacy (essential to maintain complete confidentiality of information)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to take responsibility and accountability
- Planning, organising and accuracy
- Enjoy travelling as part of the norm
- Can-do attitude
- Minimum of three years of driving experience
- Unendorsed valid SA Code 8 or 10 drivers licence with a PDP
- Fully functioning mobile phone
- Good Vehicle maintenance experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills in English
- Ability to manage petty cash issued
- Knowledge of Ekurhuleni and surrounds
- Apply below by using the online form or download the form.
- When applying please quote the reference number DRIVER/EKUR02 in the subject line. If you send all required documents by email, please address the email to the HR Assistant at email@example.com
CMT is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is with the intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. CMT reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
CMT reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply online by completing the form below OR
- Download and complete the Employment Application Form and email it together with your one-page covering letter and CV (maximum two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Always state job ref number on all communication.
- Any applications sent to email@example.com will not be valid.