Please download and complete this fillable PDF form when applying for all vacancies at Community Media Trust.
Community Media Trust (CMT), a national NGO which creates media, implements training and produces TV and radio shows, is seeking a vibrant, diligent and meticulous bookkeeper to provide support for the daily, weekly, and monthly accounting function and to work closely with the outreach project manager. In our environment this calls for someone who shows great initiative and analytical ability. The successful candidate must possess the ability to analyse and interpret financial information for business efficiency purposes, is motivated to making that deadline with accurate figures, on time, every time.
Please visit our website to find out more about CMT – www.cmt.org.za
Job content (may include but are not limited to)
- Reconciling provincial bank and petty cash accounts monthly on Pastel
- Filing of all outreach finance documents
- Liaise with all provincial administrators
- Responsible for obtaining all daily logs, petty cash logs and slips from provinces on a monthly basis
- Attention to detail on incoming original invoices and slips
- Accurate coding and posting onto Pastel on a monthly basis according to finance deadlines
- Obtain and file any missing daily logs, petty cash logs and slips from provinces for prior periods
- Assist auditors during annual audit
- Reconciling control accounts
- Matching provincial payments to cheque requisitions
- Maintaining the outreach fixed asset register
- Manage each client or supplier interaction in a professional manner
Please use the reference “OUTRBK2017” in the subject line of your emailed application to email@example.com and also attach the following:
- The completed CMT employment application form found at http://www.cmt.org.za/about-us/vacancies (which lists three most recent work references with landline contact numbers)
- One-page covering letter
- Your full CV
- A copy of your highest qualification
Only online applications with the completed employment application form and using the reference OUTRBK2017 in the subject line of the email will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates must be prepared to undergo competency testing and credit/ITC checks.
Closing date: Friday, 24 February 2017
Due to the high volume of applications received on a daily basis, please note that correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not received a response by Friday 3 March 2017.
CMT reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
- Completed tertiary education – degree/diploma
- Two to three years of working experience in the capacity of financial administrator/bookkeeper
- Full Microsoft Office package
- Advanced MS Excel a must
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Good use of the English language for oral and written communication
- Experience of bookkeeping in an NGO where all the functions of bookkeeping have formed a part of your job
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to work unattended and under pressure
- Accuracy – attention to detail
- Honest and reliable
Province: Western Cape
Education level: Diploma
City: Cape Town
Job level: Junior
Benefits: Discovery Life cover