CMT is managed by its two Co-Directors – Lucilla Blankenberg and Debbie Van Zyl.
Lucilla Blankenberg: Lucilla received her BA in Communications in 1999 from UNISA and has been working at CMT since 2001. She was appointed Director in 2012. She is the director of the award-winning A Country for My Daughter and has developed and worked on multiple health educational media campaigns about HIV and AIDS, TB, gender based violence, NCD, MMC, breastfeeding and teenage pregnancy. She is the Co-Director of Amaza, a drama series aired on SABC 1 in 2014 and of JAB, a drama series filmed in 2015.
Debbie van Zyl: Debbie holds a Master of Public Health and a Bachelor of Science. She joined CMT in 2008, contributing her epidemiological and public health skills to the media and campaigns developed and implemented by Community Media Trust. Debbie heads up CMT’s Outreach programmes and was appointed Co-Director of CMT in 2014.
Lucilla and Debbie are supported by:
- Jane Dearman: Finance Manager
- Carmelita Petersen: Human Resources Manager
- Jonathan Cockburn: Outreach Programmes Manager
- Jann Acutt: Media Programmes Manager
- Laddie Bosch: Post Production Manager
- Lerato Maloka: KwaZulu-Natal Coordinator
- Thabisile Dlamini: EThekwini District Coordinator
- Zanenkosi Mpofu: East London / Eastern Cape Coordinator